Registration deadline for Marysville is May 13th. You will receive your assigned music shortly after the registration deadline once I know how many people of what ability levels are playing which instruments.
At a Glance:
- Dates: Retreat begins Wednesday evening, June 17th and people depart Sunday morning, June 21st or Saturday after the afternoon performance – group dinner extravaganza is Saturday night.
- Lodging: sleeping rooms and most Retreat events will be at the Holiday Inn Express 8606 36th Ave, Marysville, Washington 98270. Retreat attendees will need to contact the hotel directly at 360-530-1234 and use the group name “Alto and Bass Flute Retreat” to get the group rate.
- Private lessons: will be available on Wednesday the 17th during the day for $80 for one hour on a first-come first-served basis.
- Attire: for the performance, we will wear black with some sort of accessory with a star or stars on it.
- Required Workshop books: Seven Steps to Better Intonation and Vibrato Workbook
- Retreat Registration: 2020 Marysville Retreat Registration
Retreat attendees will need to contact the hotel directly at 360-530-1234 and use the group name “Alto and Bass Flute Retreat” to get the group rate. No online hotel registration. The group rate expires May 17th.
To request a private lesson, check the lesson box on the registration form and include payment with your tuition. Lessons will be at the hotel.
We will play a concert on Saturday afternoon the 19th in an assisted living center, memory care, or nursing home.
Tuition: for the 2020 Marysville Retreat is $450. Send a check with your registration form: my address is below.
For a payment through PayPal, send to email@example.com. If you send as a “friend”, they do not charge a fee. If I request the money, they charge a fee which amounts to an increase of 5% in your tuition. To pay for a private lesson, add $80 to your check or include an additional $80 in your PayPal payment.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information about either Retreat.
- Use these guidelines to determine your Repertoire Level, which you’ll need to know when filling out the Retreat Application.
- Download and complete the retreat application.
- Registration forms: scan and email completed form to email@example.com. Or, snail mail the completed registration so that it is received by May 13th, along with the Retreat tuition (Marysville $450 or $530 with private lesson), to:
2985 18th Street
Boulder, CO 80304
50% tuition refund until May 13th, Marysville. No refunds after those dates.
Marysville is 25 miles north of Seattle and the Holiday Inn Express 8606 36th Ave is just off Interstate 5 at the 88th St NE exit. For those flying in, we suggest going to Paine Field Paine Airport which is north of Seattle. Car rentals available there. United and Alaska airlines fly into Paine with service from Denver, Los Angeles, Orange County, Las Vegas, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco and Spokane.
For a selection of transportation options to and from the airport Paine Airport Shuttle options