Click below to put your name on the list to receive more information about this Retreat. I anticipate I will know more details around April 1st. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDMAKUGEnbD0USKtzgqvgpfZV-VOGSGdnD1jjI2263YLIfJg/viewform
Haven’t gotten around to deleting all the info below about last year yet. I may need some of it.
Because of the continuing threat of the corona virus, this Retreat, originally planned for Huntsville Alabama, will now be held on-line from the comfort and safety of your home. We will all connect on Zoom. https://zoom.us Instructions about Zoom will be forthcoming. You will need a cell phone or computer with reasonable internet speed that has a camera, a microphone and speakers. Have a charging cord nearby.
At a Glance:
- Dates: Retreat begins Thursday morning May 28th at 9:30 AM Central time and ends Saturday the 30th at approximately 5 PM. There are no scheduled events in the evenings.
- Tuition: $275
- Private Lessons: will be available on Wednesday May 27th for $75 for an hour on a first-come first-served basis.
- Required Workshop Books Seven Steps to Better Intonation and Vibrato Workbook
- Retreat Registration 2020HuntsvilleRetreatApplication#2
If you are interested in a private lesson, check the lesson box on the registration form and include payment with your tuition. Lessons will be online through Skype or Facetime.
Repertoire We will be working on three pieces: Jupiter from the Holst The Planets, Holst’s original setting of the theme (Thaxted) and, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. At the end of the Retreat, participants will submit a video playing their individual parts of the three pieces. This video will be combined with all the videos into a movie which will be posted on YouTube. Here is an example that I just recently posted https://youtu.be/FSSJMsaieeo . You will receive your assigned music shortly after the registration deadline once I know how many people of what ability levels are playing which instruments.
Workshops – Intonation and Vibrato. The in-depth Intonation Workshop will be in three parts and include a personal assessment of each person’s current abilities. The Vibrato Workshop will be in two parts, and each person will have opportunities to have their problems addressed. You must have the required books to participate. Seven Steps to Better Intonation and Vibrato Workbook
Tuition for the 2020 Virtual Retreat is $275. Send a check with your registration form: My address is 2985 18th St, Boulder, CO 80304. 2020HuntsvilleRetreatApplication#2
For a payment through PayPal, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send as a “friend”, they do not charge a fee. If I request the money, they charge a fee which amounts to an increase of 5% in your tuition. To pay for a private lesson, add $75 to your check or include an additional $75 in your PayPal payment.
Contact me at email@example.com if you want more information about the Retreat.
- Use these guidelines to determine your Repertoire Level, which low flutes players need to know when filling out the Retreat Registration.
- Download and complete the Retreat Registration.
- Snail mail the completed Virtual Retreat registration and tuition check so that it is received by April 24th, along with the Retreat tuition – $275 or $350 with private lesson. OR, Scan and email completed form by Apr. 24th to firstname.lastname@example.org (payment must be received within 4 days).
2985 18th Street
Boulder, CO 80304
50% tuition refund until April 24th for the Virtual Retreat. No refunds after that date.