May 27th – June 1st. Registration deadline is April 22nd. You will receive your assigned music shortly after the registration deadline once I know how many people of what ability levels are playing which instruments.
Our musical theme this year is Planets, Stars and Space!
At a Glance:
- Dates: Retreat begins the evening of Wednesday, May 27th – depart Sunday the 31st AFTER 6 PM or Monday morning, June 1st
- Lodging: will be at the Homewood Suites 714 Gallatin St SW Huntsville, Alabama 35801.
- Retreat Events: are at the First Baptist Church 600 Governors Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35801.
- Tuition: $425
- Attire: for the performances, we will wear black with some sort of accessory with a star or stars on it.
- Private Lessons: will be available on Wednesday during the day for $80 for an hour on a first-come first-served basis.
- Required Workshop Books Seven Steps to Better Intonation and Vibrato Workbook
- Retreat Registration 2020 Huntsville Retreat Registration
- C Flute Session Saturday morning May 30th 9:15 to 12:15. Tuition is $45. CFLUTEApplication
Here is the link to the hotel reservations page Huntsville Hotel Reservation. I do have rooms reserved, but that reservation expires April 26th. If you make your reservation on the phone, mention the “Alto and Bass Retreat” 256-539-1445.
We will be playing in a live televised church service on Sunday morning at 10:15 AM: our public performance is 3:00 at the church.
If you are interested in a private lesson, check the lesson box on the registration form and include payment with your tuition. Lessons will be at the hotel.
Tuition for the entire 2020 Huntsville Retreat is $425. Send a check with your registration form: my address is below. 2020 Huntsville Retreat Registration C flute players attending Saturday morning will pay $45 and must have both required books. C Flute Registration.
For a payment through PayPal, send to email@example.com. If you send as a “friend”, they do not charge a fee. If I request the money, they charge a fee which amounts to an increase of 5% in your tuition. To pay for a private lesson, add $80 to your check or include an additional $80 in your PayPal payment.
C Flute Session. For C Flute players, we will be in the First Baptist Church Student Center 600 Governors Dr SW. Bring a stand. Workshops on Vibrato, Intonation and a flute choir sight-reading session are scheduled Saturday May 30th between 9:15 and 12:15. Saturday morning is the only time c flute players will be participating. The required books for the workshops are Seven Steps to Better Intonation and Vibrato Workbook . There is a separate registration form here for you C Flute Registration.
C flute players ONLY must register by May 20th to participate. This is an opportunity for any c flute player to join the low flutes in two workshops that apply to all flutes – vibrato and intonation – followed by a reading session for full flute choir. This is the only time (Saturday morning) during the Retreat that c flute players will be joining the Retreat. If you are already attending the Retreat as a low flutes player, these events are included in your tuition. Low flutes players could chose to do the workshops and the reading session on a c flute.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information about either Retreat.
- Use these guidelines to determine your Repertoire Level, which low flutes players need to know when filling out the Retreat Registration.
- Download and complete the Retreat Registration.
- Scan and email completed form to email@example.com. Or, snail mail the completed Huntsville registration and tuition check so that it is received by April 22nd., along with the Retreat tuition – $425 or $505 with private lesson, to:
2985 18th Street
Boulder, CO 80304
50% tuition refund until April 22nd for Huntsville.. No refunds after those dates.
The airport in Huntsville (HSV) has non-stop flights from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Orlando, Dulles and Reagan National. You can rent a car there or arrange for a hotel shuttle Huntsville Airport Shuttle . Airlines include American, Delta, United, Silver and Frontier. The hotel, Homewood Suites 714 Gallatin St SW, is three blocks north of Governors Dr. SW and east of State Hwy 431. The First Baptist Church 600 Governors Dr SW. is six blocks away from the hotel, access from St. Clair Ave or Governors Dr.